Facebook Groups – Smarter way to enhance knowledge
Facebook has a great collection of Groups on any subject or interest in the world. The group members generally share latest updates about the topic and have people answering each others queries. We will help you with some of the most used Facebook Groups you can become a member of.
If you are a software professional or want to become one, there are quite some benefits of joining some of these most followed groups in the area of your work or interest. The top takeaways of joining groups are :
- Keep yourself updated on the latest Global technology changes
- Discuss and Resolve your technical queries
- Contribute your knowledge through answers and articles
- Find help for Interviews
- Find new job opportunities or ask for referrals.
Note that any one Group may not provide all of the above, but provide one or more of the listed takeaways.
Get going with these Software related Groups
Here are a few most followed groups in popular software areas that you may want to join, and their current membership figures:
1. Big Data, Hadoop Groups
2. Java Groups
- Java Interview Questions 25000+
- JAVA 27000+
- Java For Developers 65000+
- Java For Developers 74000+
- Java Programmers 86000+
- Java , J2ee Developer 35000+
3. Mobile Development Groups
- Android Developers 29000+
- Mobile Application Developers (Blackberry/Android) 30000+
- Mobile Application Developers(Android/Blackberry/iPhone) 19000+
4. IOT Groups
- IoT Knowledge 7000+
- IoTBLR – Internet of Things (IoT) enthusiasts in Bangalore 17000+
- Internet of Things (IoT) 4000+
5. PHP Groups
6. Software Testing Groups
7. SAP Groups
8. Oracle Groups
9. C, C++ Groups
- C, C++ Programming Language 800000+
- C++ 766000+
- Programming Tricks in C, C++, C#, Java, ASP.Net 560000+
- C++ Programming Language 62000+
- C C++ C# JAVA J2EE PHP XML FLEX 425000+
- The C Programming 73000+
10. .Net Groups
- DOT NET Developers 17000+
- Dot Net Tricks 25000+
- Dot NET World 17000+
- Dot Net Interview Tips/Tricks & Questions 11000+
- Dot Net Developer 3000+
11. Cloud Computing Groups
- Cloud Computing 18000+
- Cloud Computing 3700+
- Software-Defined Networking & Cloud Computing 7500+
- Cloud computing&Vmware 2800+
Becoming a member of the Group
Do some checks before you raise a request to the Group admin to become a member. Go through the description of the blog and the guidelines for posting. Most of the time, promotions and ads are strictly restricted. Once you raise a request and the admin approves, start using the Groups productively. Make sure posts adhere to the guidelines or you may be ousted from the group.
The good side of Groups is that not only do you gain knowledge, but when you post good articles or questions or answers, you are sure to get a good following for yourself.
Facebook Groups App
Facebook also has a Facebook Groups App on the iPhone App Store and Android Google Play Store. This makes it convenient to be with your groups on the go!
If you are aware of other great groups that your friends can benefit from, let us know.