Oracle ERP/EBS (E-Business Suite) job market is divided into two major components - Functional & Technhincal. Oracle EBS Functional consultants, for that matter any ERP Functional consultants are generally Domain Experts. These Domain experts will be from the fields of - Finance, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Purchasing etc.. Technical experts are the Software developers who have skills in Oracle PL/SQL, Forms, Reports, Java (ADF, OAF), FMW etc...
People with Domain expertize - Graduates from Commerce, MBAs, Engineers from Industry can opt for Functional Consultant roles. There responsibilities as Fucntional Consultants include
- Understanding the corresponding Oracle EBS Modules like - AP, AR, GL (Finance), OM, INV, PO (Supply Chain), WIP, BOM, WMS (Manufacturing) etc..
- Tailor the Product for the End Customer requirements
- Prepare the Functional Specification Documents for setting up the various modules
- Set up the Customer Processes onto Oracle EBS, as per the Functional Modules
- Suggesting any customizations, extensions, reports (new & adhoc) to Oracle EBS
- Work with Oracle Apps Technical team to develop the CEMLI (Customizations, Extensions, Interfaces)
- Assist in End User testing
- Provide L1, L2 Support
Oracle Technical consultants are the Programers who work to develop the code for extending the Oracle EBS products, to suite the customer requirements.
We have good demand for both Oracle Functional Consultants & Technical consultants.
People with the industry experience and domain expertize, should go as FUnctional consultants. People with good coding skills, understanding of the Database, UI can go as TEchnical consultants. Off late, Oracle has shifted its focus to Java based UI and hence knowledge of Fusion Middle ware products like - OAF, ADF etc... has huge advantage.