Overview (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum Overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of our Global Delivery Center of Expertise in the bank. Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for the individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
BA Continuum India Pvt. Ltd. supports business process, information technology and knowledge process across Consumer Banking, including Card and Home Loans, Legacy Asset Servicing, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth and Investment Management lines of business at Bank of America.
Technology Infrastructure (TI), part of the Global Technology & Operations organization, consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers and clients around the world.
Job Description (Overview of Role)
- TIBCO stands for the “The Information Bus Company”. TIBCO Middleware team supports TIBCO Enterprise Messaging Products – EMS (Enterprise Message Service) and RV ( Rendezvous) and is the Level 3 escalation point for operational support and so also responsible for projects and deployment of the products. The team is closely working with various Trading application support teams, Development teams and also Technology Infrastructure teams such as Unix/Windows Server Operation, Server Design & Build, Network and Desktop Support teams.
- MQ stands for Message Queue is robust messaging middleware that simplifies and accelerates the integration of diverse applications and business data across multiple platforms. IBM MQ facilitates the assured, secure and reliable exchange of information between applications, systems, services and file by sending and receiving message data via messaging queues, thereby simplifying the creation and maintenance of business applications. It delivers Universal Messaging with a broad set of offerings to meet enterprise-wide messaging needs, as well as connectivity for the internet of things and mobile devices
- The DTS TIBCO & MQ Operations supports the below tasks.
- L3 team is completely responsible for all any request landed in Maximo as a ticket or which the CCO/user pages our team via News.
- Vender connectivity issues
- System Alerts.
- Monitoring agent issues.
- BCP or DR tests/
- Datacenter failover and failback tests.
DTS TIBCO & MQ supports below Platforms:-
- UNIX (Solaris, Linux, AIX, HPUX)
- Microsoft Windows
- L3 Operational support for TIBCO messaging infrastructure
- Managing, coordinating and implementing of projects.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of production issues.
- Provide SME suggestions to development teams.
- Performance tuning and monitoring enhancements.
- Ensure product currency across the environments.
- Product certification, packaging and deployment.
TIBCO Required Skills
- Motivated individual with desire to learn and improve.
- TIBCO EMS, RV and Hawk product knowledge.
- Working on Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
- Network knowledge.
- Work well as a team regionally and globally.
- Good communication skills.
- Java/C/C++ programming and Shell Scripting skill is a plus.
- Monitoring and Production support
- Responsible for platform availability (24X7)
- Responsible for break fix.
- Responsible to send the communication to the Application owners before and after the issues
- Responsible for stop and start the TEP MQ monitoring agents
- Update the Worked news / IM alerts in the Lotus notes.
- SSL Renews for GMRT domain
- Need to trouble shoot the issues related to queue managers and objects
- Work with the application team to resolve the production issues immediately
- Check / work with UNIX / Windows Team if the servers not reachable or login issues
- Escalations to next level.
MQ Required Skills
- Knowledge and experience in IBM MQ (Must)
- Basic knowledge in Unix and Windows Operation systems
- Knowledge in Message Oriented Middleware (Ex. Tibco) – Optional
- Flexible to work in any Shifts including weekends
- The candidate should have the production support experience
- Graduation in Computer field
- Candidate should have strong communication skills
- Candidate having 2 years of UNIX experience.
- Knowledge or worked in Message Oriented Middleware will be given priority