Informatica is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives and fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks.
Core Technology Group is responsible for building and delivering innovative foundational technology for all product offerings of Informatica, which include the Data Integration products, The Big Data Edition, Informatica cloud and the Data Services
The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the Big Data space.
You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced, highly motivated person and have keen desire to learn and implement new ways to improve efficiency or effectiveness in quality/process. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator!
As part of the Informatica Core quality engineering team, you will
• Design, create, and use test automation tools and harnesses
• Oversee the overall QA life-cycle, from test planning, to implementation, execution and results reporting
• Design and implement test cases in a rapid prototyping environment with minimal supervision
• Perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously
• Participate actively in all requirements, design and architectural activities
• Work closely with Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments
• Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization
• Troubleshoot production issues and work with the team to design and develop solutions.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
• 8+ years of of QA experience in automation and testing of large enterprise systems
• Minimum 5 years’ of strong White box testing (Windows/Linux) and writing test cases Create, deploy and maintain automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios and conduct thorough code reviews
• Minimum 4 Years’ experience with regression, integration and system level test execution.
• Working experience in big data technologies – Hadoop MR (MR1 and YARN), HDFS
• Working knowledge in Spark, Storm, Kafka, or other evolving technologies
• Experience with Open Source technologies like Tomcat, Ant/Maven, MySQL, Linux.
• Automation experience in Java, Python, Shell script. Scala is a plus
• Experience in web technologies, middleware multi-tier applications, with web-based services and backend systems.
• Knowledge on ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
• Strong RDBMS fundamentals and hands-on database experience on any 2 systems (Like MySQL, Oracle)
• Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodology, a plus
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Proven track record of taking ownership of product/platform and successfully delivering results
• Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skill
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills