Production Support Manager – Chennai, India
As Production Support Manager, you will be responsible for managing L2 support engagement for a leading global financial institution. You will need to ensure overall project health and high quality of delivery by employing standard project management methodology processes, tools, and documentation throughout the project lifecycle as aligned to the Customer& Dell processes.
This is a challenging assignment, with ample opportunities to learn, contribute and grow for the right candidate.
· Primary escalation point for resolution of any issues related to the project.
· Responsible for overall project/program health and quality of delivery, including status reporting and publishing metrics data and dashboards to the senior management
· Responsible for ensuring that resources are assigned and managed effectively and efficiently.
· Responsible for ensuring that risks and issues are proactively identified and managed.
· Communications are planned and conducted during the project to ensure stakeholders are involved, expectations are accurately set, managed, and key stakeholders receive adequate communications throughout the project lifecycle and this includes customer and Dell stakeholders.
· Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members. Works with Customers/stakeholders to understand critical business success factors and key performance indicators to be managed.
· Defines roles and responsibilities, sets performance expectations, selects, leads, counsels and motivates teams
· B.E./B.Tech/M.S. from a reputed University
· Close to 10 years or more experience, with minimum 3-4 years in Project/Operations Management
· Prior experience of successfully managing production support engagements, in 24×7 onsite/offshore model
· Should be technically hands-on (Unix/Linux) and willing to get actively involved if required.
· Prior experience of managing and motivating teams
· Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
· Experience of working for a Banking customer
· ITIL foundation certified
· Early joiner