– Software Dev Analyst position in the Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) Services group in Dell India, primarily focusing on working with Dell’s global clients. Software Dev Analyst is expected to perform the role of a Software solution developer who is highly proficient in Java, J2EE, and possesses an understanding of the principles of applications programming. The person is expected to have credible experience in understanding the entire project context, and able to demonstrate the knowledge of end-to-end application architecture. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in various Java technologies (Core Java, Servlets, JSF/JSP, JDBC, JMS, Struts , Spring MVC, Hibernate frameworks). Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls and flexible to working collaboratively with a globally dispersed Dell Services team.
– The candidate will be responsible to understand the business requirements, prepare high level and low level design.
Candidate will be required to provide L2 & L3 support, and analysis & troubleshooting whenever required.
Candidate will be required to do coordination between teams/customer.
Oncall support is also expected and Working hrs will be as per Irish Work Hrs. (2:30 PM to 11:30 PM)
– Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions for internal and external customers. Designs, evaluates, codes, configures, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
– Writes programs in computer language for solution by means of data processing equipment.
– Prepares flow charts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis.
– Participates in preparing design documentation.
– Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to Dell’s systems standards, policies and, procedures, security and compliance requirements
– Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing
– Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
– Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
– Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
– Works with minimal direction.
– Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
– Expert in one or more areas and guides others.
– Sub system ownership.
Experience (in years)
Minimum 2+ years of enhancement & production support experience in Java/J2EE/Struts technology with Unix.
– Technical Skills
– Experience in Core Java / JEE (EJB, Spring, struts , Hibernate, Web Services, JMS, RMI, JNDI)
– Experience with Application Servers like JBoss , Weblogic , WebSphere, Tomcat
– Knowledge on XSL, JQuery, XML Parsing, XPath
– Experience in build tools (Ant, Maven etc.) & unit testing utilizing JUNIT and other unit testing tools
– Other Skills
Good communication and coordination experience between teams.
– Technical Skills
– Unix Scripts
– Knowledge of SQL performance tuning techniques
– Apache IVY
– Boss Seam & Application Server
– JAXB for xml management
– Security design like single SSL, mutual SSL
– Design Skills
– Involved in design work across the application layers (front-end , service and back-end)
– Actively participate in environment readiness and supporting System / UAT/ OAT / PEN testing phases
– Mentoring junior team members in design decisions
– Enhancing knowledge base for Software Factory team members and updating knowledge pool on internal WIKI site.
– Strong debugging and analytical skills.
– Graduate degree in a computer science related field with a minimum of 5-8 years of software development experience.
– Java Enterprise Edition Professional Certification
– Experience on working directly with customers.
– BFSI Domain Experience.
– good communication skills
– Banking domain knowledge & Payments Systems background will be advantage
Original Post Apply Online