Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe — ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Informatica has strategically located Support Centers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Our single mission is to provide customers with world class technical support to ensure successful implementation of their business solutions using Informatica products. GCS, India was established in 2004 to support Informatica software deployment during regional installations as well as geographically-dispersed projects. We play a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation within customers. We’re the frontline troubleshooters, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth. Our technical support team is being ranked #1, continuously for 7 years, in customer loyalty for the Data Integration sector, within the globe
Our Ideal Candidate
You should be self-starter. You should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills enable you to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative, as well as practical ways. You have the competencies to be the technical leader for projects and teams from inception through to completion. You consistently adapt to new circumstances, learn quickly when facing new problems or challenges and are open to change. You make it a point to listen to and act on feedback, and find it important to gain insight from errors. Moreover, you are a team player who places great value on meeting all team deadlines and deliverables.
As an integral part of the Global Customer Support team, you will provide technical support for Informatica products. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our customers’ success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue
• Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
• Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are adhered to and encourage and help convert technical solutions are converted to Knowledgebase articles
• Approaching complex technical issues with varying perceptions and making use of opportunities to create and implement productivity tools
• Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships
• Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team
• Continuously enhancing knowledge through trainings and e-learning courses
• Helping customers succeed
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
• Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
• BE , BTech, MCA degree or equivalent technical experience.
• 0 – 4 year of experience in the software industry.
• • Any experience on COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM or IMS with in depth knowledge.
• Strong in fundamentals of Z/OS operating system
• UNIX shell Scripting or Windows Batch File Scripting would give you an edge over other candidates.
• Excellent analysis, debugging, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical/dental, 401(k), unlimited flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).