Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience in Java/JEE technologies
- 2+ years of experience in any Web based UI development technologies
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of data warehousing modeling, ETL processing concepts and tools.
- Knowledge of any Business Intelligence tools, preferably SAP BO.
- At least 3+ years of experience in designing reports and dashboards using SAP BO or any other BI tool.
- Hands on experience on Universe design using SAP Business objects. Should have designed and developed universes from scratch.
- SQL and Query tuning knowledge.
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Specific UI development technologies like Google GWT, CSS, and Java script
- Experience with Apache Karaf container
- Knowledge of any column based database (Vertica, Sybase IQ etc.)
- Exposure to Linux environment.
- 2+ Years of experience in Python.
- Any scripting language(shell script etc.)