Cloud Tools is a key team in Oracle’s strategic transition to the cloud. We are responsible for developing tools that support the delivery of Oracle Cloud Services, collecting and aggregating Cloud Services data, and developing internal integrations that support business operations. We are seeking experienced talent to solve evolving problems and support a growing customer base.
Brief Posting Description
Utilize Oracle’s Application Express, your business operations background, and middleware experience to actualize and support Oracle’s transition to the cloud.
As a member of the Cloud Tools team you will
- Develop, test, and evolve business solutions utilizing Oracle Application Express and the Oracle DB environment.
- Advise Cloud Tools team in best practices regarding Oracle Application Express and DB development.
- Develop and test enhancements in legacy solutions.
- Collaborate with internal customers and colleagues to solve their latest challenges.
- Serve as a point of contact for tier-3 production support of Cloud Tool Delivery solutions during standard business hours.
- Code review fellow team members’ designs and implementations.
- Teach fellow team members a new skill or proficiency once a quarter.
- Continually evolve your skill set through trainings, code reviews, project engagements, and industry awareness.
- Update project status daily.
- Participate in a weekly team meeting during US business hours.
- You will deliver assigned projects on time with high quality.
- You will help deliver technical solutions to Oracle’s business problems.
- You will increase the team’s technical acumen, particularly in the Oracle Application Express environment.
- You will be an expert with the following technologies and protocols:
- Oracle Application Express
- ReSTful webservices
- Oracle DB development
- Data modelling
- Source version control
- You will need to become proficient with the following technologies within the first six months:
- Oracle’s Cloud Architecture
- You may assume tasks on the team that require an aptitude for the following technologies:
- Oracle Fusion Products
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems